Summer 2014 Business Intern
The Endangered Wolf Center is seeking a student intern with an interest and aptitude in business, accounting and marketing to help develop and implement strategies in these areas and perform essential duties.
The position is unpaid and will continue through August. Candidates must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited local university.
Days and hours are flexible according to the intern’s academic schedule, but should generally fall during regular business hours.
The Endangered Wolf Center is a non-profit 501c(3) located in Eureka, Mo., near St. Louis. The Center’s mission is to preserve and protect Mexican gray wolves, red wolves and other wild canid species, with purpose and passion, through carefully managed breeding, reintroduction and inspiring education programs.
Specific duties of the internship will include:
- Assisting in the coding and tracking of accounts payable/accounts receivable.
- Helping to maintain vendor files.
- Assisting in routine purchasing and procurement.
- Helping to develop and implement promotions designed to attract more visitors to the Center, and tracking the success of such efforts.
- Candidates must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited local university.
- Candidates must have demonstrated an aptitude or success in business, accounting and marketing and should be prepared to submit examples upon request.
- Candidates must be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with all departments at the Center.
- Candidates must be adept at external communications.
- Candidates should be acquainted with or quickly able to learn Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strengthen your resume by working for our non-profit conservation organization, which is certified by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums.
- Gain the satisfaction of helping preserve and reintroduce to the wild some of the most endangered species of wolves in the world.
- Learn skills and office procedures.
- Explore career options.
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from our Executive Director after successfully completing the internship.
- Please send your cover letter and resume to Mary Ann Amsinger, Office Manager, at [email protected] or by mail to P.O. Box 760, Eureka, MO. 63025.
- The Endangered Wolf Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Organization: Endangered Wolf Center (AZA Member)
Location: 6750 Tyson Valley Road, Eureka, Mo., 63025
Job or Internship: Unpaid Internship
Job Title: Business Intern
Reports to: Office Manager (directly) and Executive Director.