Wolf Fest 2015 will be Oct. 10.
This year’s Wolf Fest wouldn’t have been possible without our many volunteers who pitched in and without our sponsors.
Premier Sponsor: EMERSON
Event Sponsor: Beckmann Family Charitable Trust
The other sponsors were:
A Storage Inn Inc.
Stella Amsinger and Connor Anderson
Craig Austin, Board of Trustees
Wendy Birmingham and Lori Schmoll
Dave and Missy Blue
Matt, Rachel, Mallory & Zach Broom
Rick and Mary Beth Brown
Jean and Gerald Childers
Jo Anna Dale
Valerie and Donald de Grange
Mark and Barb Doering
BJ and Lee Eavy
EWC Board of Trustees
Explore Green, Paul Zemitzsch
Fifth Third Investment Advisors, Jeremiah Dellas
Bill and Julie Gerlach
Grey Eagle Distributors
Harvest Plaza and St. Charles Animal Hospitals
Rick and Lisa Houska
Mr. and Mrs. Meyers
Bruce and Karen Nichols
Celeste Ruwwe and Gerry Hufker
Saint Louis Zoo Endangered Species Research & Veterinary Hospital
The Eugene J. Tichacek Family Trust
Virgil and Sandra VanTrease
Nanci West & Eckehart Messner
Wiley Family Foundation
Graphic Design generously provided by Jim Kuchar
Here were some of the 2014 Wolf Fest activities and attractions:
• Guests could walk down to the animal enclosures whenever they want where docents and keepers will talk with them about the endangered wolves and other canids that live here.
• Visitors saw and photographed Mexican wolves, red wolves, maned wolves, African painted dogs and swift foxes.
• David Jackson and Conservation Ambassadors returned, with a kangaroo, Harris’ Hawk, alligator.
• For just $10, guests could have their photo taken with David and the exotic species.
• Jonathan Offi and his high-flying agility dogs returned.
• Gateway Search Dogs had shows at 9:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.
• Wolf feeding times were 11:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
• Climbing wall.
• Bounce house.
• Kids area, with Lobo’s Bone Toss, puppet-making, puppet show, survival bracelets-making, face-painting.
• Membership opportunities with raffles.
• Meet the Animal keepers, who offered raffles for keeper experiences.
• Longmeadow Rescue Ranch Barn Buddies, with a miniature horse, llama and barnyard animals.
• Musical group Two Brown Dogs.
• Musical group South City Troubadours.
• Dulcimer player Rick Thum.
• African painted dog mascot, as well as Lobo.
• Missouri Department of Conservation.
• Shaw Nature Reserve.
• Wildlife Rescue Center.
• Saint Louis Zoo.
• The Butterfly House.
• Crown Ridge Tiger Sanctuary.
• World Bird Sanctuary.
• Kids Out and About.com offered tips on great area places for kids. We’re ranked No. 4 on their Top 20 list for 2014.
• The Celeste Ruwwe Gift Shop was open throughout the day.
• A silent auction was held.
• Missouri Wildflowers Nursery had plants for sale.
• The West County Woodcarvers Club had items for sale.
Wolf Fest is held at the Endangered Wolf Center, which is located on the grounds of Washington University’s Tyson Research Center, 6750 Tyson Valley Road, Eureka, Mo., 63025. The Center is off Interstate 44′s Exit 269 (Beaumont-Antire Road Exit) on the north side of the highway.
For information and news updates on Wolf Fest 2015 call 636-938-5900, visit www.endangeredwolfcenter.org , or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.