Spring 2017 Operations Management Intern
The Endangered Wolf Center is seeking a student intern with an interest and aptitude in operations management, event planning, social media, marketing and communications to help develop and implement strategies in these areas and perform essential duties.
The position is unpaid. The internship can start as early as February and continue through the spring semester. Days and hours are flexible according to the intern’s academic schedule, but should generally fall during regular business hours.
The Endangered Wolf Center is a non-profit 501c(3) located in Eureka, Missouri, 20 miles southwest of St. Louis. The Center’s mission is to preserve and protect Mexican wolves, red wolves and other wild canid species, with purpose and passion, through carefully managed breeding, reintroduction and inspiring education programs.
Specific duties of the internship include:
• Assisting the Director of Operations in attending to administrative, logistical and other duties necessary for the organization’s day-to-day operations.
• Helping plan and stage major fundraising events, including the Endangered Wolf Center’s annual open house, trivia night and charity polo match.
• Helping to draft and establish written Operations protocols.
• Developing and posting content on our various social media sites.
• Expanding our social media presence.
• Developing and posting content on our website.
• Publicizing our tours, events and other activities on our website and on other websites.
• Developing and implementing promotions designed to attract more visitors to the Center, and tracking the success of such efforts.
• Assisting in the planning, editing and production of our print and online newsletters.
• Writing and distributing news releases to media outlets.
• Candidates must be actively enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited university in the St. Louis Metropolitan Area.
• Candidates must have demonstrated an aptitude or success in operations, event planning, social media, marketing and communications, and should be prepared to submit examples upon request.
• Candidates must be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with all departments at the Center.
• Candidates must be adept at external communications.
• Candidates should be acquainted with or quickly able to learn Microsoft Office applications, such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Strengthen your resume by working for our non-profit conservation organization, which is certified by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums.
• Gain the satisfaction of helping preserve and reintroduce to the wild some of the most endangered species of wolves in the world.
• Learn management skills and office procedures.
• Explore career options.
• Obtain a letter of recommendation from our Executive Director after successfully completing the internship.
• Please send your cover letter and resume to Steve Parker, Operations Director, at [email protected] or by mail to P.O. Box 760, Eureka, MO. 63025. No phone calls please.
• The Endangered Wolf Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Organization: Endangered Wolf Center (AZA Member)
Location: 6750 Tyson Valley Road, Eureka, Mo., 63025
Job or Internship: Unpaid Internship
Job Title: Operations Management Intern
Reports to: Director of Operations (directly) and Executive Director.